Just to say thank you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to say thank you...

I found this lovely group while sitting in a cafe in early September in Southampton debating whether to buy the R20 we'd just spent the last couple of hours climbing around in. We'd been thinking about the whole campervan idea for ages - looked at all sorts inc some very slick vws. We saw what I now know is a Megan at a service station and thought 'wonder what's inside that?' Couple of weeks later found Romahomes and were even more intrigued... 'What are these mini homes on wheels made in the Isle of Wight?' It was looking through the posts on this forum over that coffee that gave us the confidence to go for it (we're total newbies and posts from the likes of BrianTheSnail made it clear that there would be lots of help out there if we needed it!) . We went back and bought it! We're now proud owners of a lovely R20 and we're so pleased we didn't just follow the herd... They are packed with character as well as everything you need (we hope - yet to actually stay overnight in it yet!). We're taking our time on what to get etc. and I'm regularly looking at all the advice that can be found here - thanks again -

That’s so lovely, hello and a big welcome

You’ve definitely come to the right place so much knowledge and help to get you started. Hope it won’t be long till you get out camping

Comment

Thanks for that, but I have a question - your forum name - that's not inspired by the Latin for "throw of a di(c)e" is it? If so, I love it!

BTW if you are Southampton based we are only up in Chandlers Ford so once it is safe you are welcome to pop round and see how we live in our R20 sometime.

Comment

Hello and welcome!
        Claire

Comment

Welcome from me too, what a lovely first post.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Comment

Hello from me to Aleajacm

Brilliant van, a brilliant site

What's not to love !!

Comment

Hi and welcome from me too!

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Comment

welcome from me too. congratulations on you're camper. i know nothing of the R20 except to say on this site they are really popular. have fun, and who knows we may meet up sometime!

Comment

Originally posted by doog View Post
                      welcome from me too. congratulations on you're camper. i know nothing of the R20 except to say on this site they are really popular. have fun, and who knows we may meet up sometime!
                      doog , I've had a couple of "down" days, and Anne says I need to be more positive. So, it's not "who knows, we may meet up". We have to say we WILL meet up one day!
                      Oh, and welcome aleajacm, from the owner of the forum's oldest still-in-use vans.

Comment

Welcome from Sue and me also!

Love the forum name, even though these days I always associate that bit of Latin with Asterix books!

If you look carefully at our forum name, you'll no doubt be able to work out how we arrived at it.

We're on our second one!
                        Geoff

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X