As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dropping by

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping by

to say hallo!

I've just bought an old Romahome hylo, now described as retro to my family, who wonder what mother will do next ..:so happy:

It looks such fun, and I'm really looking forward to exploring home and away next year. I've already driven from its old home to its new one, and Cambridge to Leeds and back, and tomorrow to Northumberland.

I've found it's quite different driving - limited rear vision probably being the biggest difference. The heater defies the trades description act and I haven't slept in it yet, though one of my granddaughters and a friend tried it out and said it was warm and comfortable - my testers!

MOS

Originally posted by maid of soay View Post
    to say hallo!

I've just bought an old Romahome hylo, now described as retro to my family, who wonder what mother will do next ..:so happy:

It looks such fun, and I'm really looking forward to exploring home and away next year. I've already driven from its old home to its new one, and Cambridge to Leeds and back, and tomorrow to Northumberland.

I've found it's quite different driving - limited rear vision probably being the biggest difference. The heater defies the trades description act and I haven't slept in it yet, though one of my granddaughters and a friend tried it out and said it was warm and comfortable - my testers!

MOS
    mother is going to have a lot of fun and deep pleasure and relaxation in her HiLo and discover a big family of like minded chums.
    welcome and well done.
    Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, MOS. I have an oldish hytop and I'm having great fun in it. My eldest daughter is so impressed, she's insisting I leave it to her in my will!!!

Comment

A warm welcome MOS..... I've got an elderly Hylo too, its the most practical campervan I've owned! and great fun. Have you noticed that there are meets mentioned on here, very friendly! Do come along and meanwhile I hope you enjoy your new quirky van:so happy:.
        All the best
        Andyvan

Comment

Sounds a great bargain - I love my little R20, finally acquired in July, and have already had some good adventures / trips in it.

Without being too biased (ha ha), I have a theory that campervan owners , R20 owners in particular, are quite a special, often highly individualistic bunch. Somewhat unconventional and with a love of adventure. So, according to my theory, you should fit in well :

Have lots of fun in your new toy and welcome to the forum.
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Hi, MOS and welcome. You will find we're a really friendly lot and some members have a wealth of knowledge about all things to do with motor homes and, often, many others.

Hope to meet you at one of the gatherings next year.

Di.

Comment

Hi from me too!

Comment

Welcome, you have given me an excellent idea..... whynot use the kids to test out how warm a romahome is in January when the snow is in the ground!
                If they come home with frostbite then you know it is probably something you should not try... if they come home happy well then perhaps!

Comment

Hello there Maid of Soay and welcome!

We're halfway through our first year of 'van ownership (an R20 Lo) and are loving it! Just a bit frustrated at the moment as other commitments have stopped us getting away in Artoo0 (R two-zero) since late September.

I'm intrigued by your user name!

I can't imagine you live in the Hebrides given your trips so far and impending, and sadly nobody's lived in St. Kilda for several generations (I'm desperately trying to engineer a trip before age finally catches up with me!).

Is it a family connection?

Geoff
                  Geoff

Comment

Welcome to the forum MOS, great to have you onboard.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

goodmorning from the misty cotswolds and welcome to the forum family,you will not meet nicer people anywhere.
                      I look forward to meeting you sometime.
                      Ian
                      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

and if you really do live on Soay - come and visit me and my hylo C15 on skye

Comment

Really fancy St Kilda but don't think it would make a good place to meet

Comment

The campsite accommodates 6 people apparently, and I don't imagine that the NTS would welcome an influx of motorhomes, even if we could get them there.
                            Geoff

Comment

Thank you so much for such a friendly welcome!

My username is the name my father gave his boat mmm let me see mmm FIFTY EIGHT years ago (horrors) ... such a beautiful name, the boat sadly got knocked down in a hurricane and destroyed about 15 years ago. I live in Cambridgeshire - though I could VERY easily be tempted up to Skye in the new year ...

MOS

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X