X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to say hello and welcome Rosemarie

Comment

Hi and welcome!

I would get an AA inspection done before buying. Good luck with your search.

Comment

Thank you SandraM 😀 and Thank you Jayjay, yes... I definitely agree.. not sure about if they would undertake an inspection with the restrictions but will look into that 🤔 (btw I'd love to wave back but I can't find that emoji!! )

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemarie View Post
          Thank you SandraM 😀 and Thank you Jayjay, yes... I definitely agree.. not sure about if they would undertake an inspection with the restrictions but will look into that 🤔 (btw I'd love to wave back but I can't find that emoji!! )
          The problem comes when you want to see more than one, the AA inspections aren't cheap!

Smileys on here - top right hand corner, click to turn on the smileys if not already turned on... then they come up at the bottom when you make a new post or reply to one.

Comment

Thanks jayjay and yes very true about the inspections - the RAC do 3 types at different (increasing) costs -haven't looked at the AA yet...but I have found the smilies thank you

Comment

Hello and welcome! Good luck with your search.
              Claire

Comment

Thank you CVJ

Comment

Hello and Welcome. As a former kangoo owner, with many happy memories, I wish you happy and safe travels.
                  😊🚙

Comment

Thank you for that dozydave

Comment

Hi

I had a Renault Kangoo Roo conversion by JC Leisure of Winchelsea, one of the last to be produced. Mine was the 2004 automatic petrol version and I loved it although wouldn't choose an automatic again if I had the choice.

Here's a web page I prepared for my Kangoo-Roo before selling him in 2011. He's still on the road now and in regular use judging by the MOT records:

I also had a Kangoo panel van which I camped in with some very basic fitting out.

Again - it had a website and, despite extensive rust in the nearside sill which was my reason for trading it in rather than selling privately, it is still in use although the rust in the sills is an ongoing problem. The rust was very unusual and it is thought this is due to highly corrosive lime while in use with its former owner, a farmer.

Comment

Hi Karen, Many thanks for this, I will take a look at both those links now , the one I am looking at is petrol automatic but a 2008 version, and I had wondered about possible rust also the "risk" factor of costly repairs with an automatic...I have driven automatics for years so tend to feel a bit happier with them now .. very many thanks again for your reply and info - appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemarie View Post
                          Hi Karen, Many thanks for this, I will take a look at both those links now , the one I am looking at is petrol automatic but a 2008 version, and I had wondered about possible rust also the "risk" factor of costly repairs with an automatic...I have driven automatics for years so tend to feel a bit happier with them now .. very many thanks again for your reply and info - appreciated
                          I had the rust looked at by a Renault expert and he agreed it was very unusual. I saw him again last spring and he was still running his old S-reg Kangoo he had at the time he examined mine and it was still in tip-top condition and rust-free. I never had any rust on the Kangoo-Roo.

I'm not keen on automatic but I did enjoy driving the Roo. The fuel economy wasn't great though at about 40mpg (from memory) vs about 53mpg on the 1.2 petrol van.

Comment

Thank you, that's helpful and reassuring...

Comment

Rosemarie , I've just had my 57 plate Kangoo MOT'd. A couple of small advisories, but no rust, and that after 187,000 miles and 13 hard years!
                              Excellent little cars.

Comment

Thank you, I very much appreciate you letting me know

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X