X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Mid Wales

Hello Everyone,

I have just joined your happy little band of adventurers. Last year I finally bought a campervan !! only been wanting one for ?? 30 yrs

It's not pretty, ( it's a LWB high top Ford transit van convertion ) the paint job is 'to die for ' ( with embarassment lol) , but I love it.

Unfortunately only got to try it out once last ? summer so am determined to use it more this year.

Put me down as a ' solo ' camper, as youngest is now 16, so won't want to make going with her Mum a habit Although, I might take my Great Dane along, once I've got the hang of what I'm doing.

Marion.

Hello Marion

Welcome to the forum, I am sorry your first post didn't appear immediately because we moderate everyone's first post to stop spammers but you will be able to post freely now we have taken you out of moderation.

Glad you have finally got your motorhome you have certainly had to wait a long time, I hope you have lots of lovely holidays, we'd love to see a picture of the van, I am intrigued about the paint job.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Marion!

I went out on day trips in mine until I got the hang of it! Just somewhere nice and near, with kettle, tea, milk and a mug! And some water for the dog. Lovely just to be out for a while.

Comment

Hi Marion. Welcome to the forum. I'm a solo camper mostly now as well - My youngest is 16 too - camping's just not cool anymore, is it?

Comment

solo camper

Hi Marion,

I'm a solo camper too. The camper van's been in the garage since I bought it in December. Won't be able to use the snow as an excuse for much longer!

Jill S

Comment

Hi Marion and hope you'll have many happy outings in your van this year.
            :sunshine:

Comment

Hi Marion.
              Welcome to the forum. I too am thinking hard about that LWB Tranny paint job. Must look out for that next time I am in your area. Sounds hard to miss!
              Camping not cool at 16 years old? A few years ago (!) was when I started camping - at 16, and have never looked back.

Tony

Comment

Welcome

Hello and Welcome to the Friendly Site
                Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

Comment

Glad you found the forum Marion.
                  Pat
                  (WAY)

Comment

Hello,

Thankyou for all your welcome messages.

Graham & Tony, For paint job - think Ice Cream Van !!! Well that's what a 'friend' implied when I emailed them a photo of it Quote : " Stop me and buy one " !!!!!!! lol

Marion

Comment

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                      Hello,

Thankyou for all your welcome messages.

Graham & Tony, For paint job - think Ice Cream Van !!! Well that's what a 'friend' implied when I emailed them a photo of it Quote : " Stop me and buy one " !!!!!!! lol

Marion
                      When I used to go out to work and take our van, it was a standing joke among my colleagues, they would wave me down in the car park and ask for a 99 cornet.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Marion

Welcome to the site and maybe see you at one of the meets. Happy camping.

Comment

In my humble opinion, any colour is better than the usual boring white, even tartan! Why are motorhomes mostly white anyway? Is it to reflect that very rare item called the sun? If so, it is a blatant waste of white paint in the UK.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by alive23512 View Post
                            In my humble opinion, any colour is better than the usual boring white, even tartan! Why are motorhomes mostly white anyway? Is it to reflect that very rare item called the sun? If so, it is a blatant waste of white paint in the UK.

Tony
                            I agree! I think perhaps it's so that some can become White Van Man drivers, like maybe they were in a previous life!

although the answer is most likely to be that it's the cheapest....

Comment

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                              For paint job - think Ice Cream Van
                              I've always said that my van has to pay its way

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X