Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I bought an Elddis Nipper recently, she’s called Lady Penelope after her car - the compact pussycat! I love the van and stayed in it for the first time this weekend. It was great but cold, it was minus 3 in Powys where we stayed. Has anyone ever insulated one? I would also like to buy an awning if anyone could recommend one please. Thanks in advance 😊

Welcome Lady P. Any pictures? I don't recognise the Nipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Penelope View Post
      she’s called Lady Penelope after her car - the compact pussycat!
      I had forgotten about the compact pussycat, thanks for bringing back that image:

Compact Pussycat.JPG

Comment

Hi Lady Penelope and welcome to the forum!

Have you got mains electrics in your van? If not, you could always get a camping EHU cable and dangle it out of a window, you could then plug in a little heater: even quite small oil filled radiator is quite efficient at heating a small camper van.
        Cynthia

Comment

Originally posted by Gregor View Post

I had forgotten about the compact pussycat, thanks for bringing back that image:

Compact Pussycat.JPG
          Is that Penelope pit stop from wacky racers?
          Carrots my be good for your eyes but alcohol will double your vision

Comment

Hello from me too Lady Penelope and welcome to the site

Comment

Here's a link to an interesting bit of history about the Nipper/ Bedford and Elddis versions of these cute vans.

Used Autohomes Bambi/Elddis Nipper buyer's guide - Practical Motorhome

It looks as though at least the Elddis had a bit bigger engine: 1600cc; the Bedford Rascal was always somewhat underpowered at 1000cc.
              Cynthia.

Comment

Welcome Lady Penelope ...

Neil

Comment

Hello and Welcome

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Is the Elldis Nipper a coach built Bambi campervan? If so, a campsite with EHU and a small oil filled radiator is all you need at this time of the year, like Cynthia says. Worth paying the extra charge for EHU just to have a radiator on. I used to have to get up in the night and turn mine right down... as I was sweltering sometimes! I put mine up on a tray on top of the cooker out of the way at night, but it sat quite nicely in the footwell at the back, opposite side to the fridge.

Comment

Hello!
                      Claire

Comment

Originally posted by hobo View Post

Is that Penelope pit stop from wacky racers?
                        Yes, Penelope Pitstop in the Compact Pussycat - Car No 5.

Contestants Car name Car no.
                        Dick Dastardly and Muttley The Mean Machine 0
                        The Slag Brothers The Boulder Mobile 1
                        The Gruesome Twosome The Creepy Coupe 2
                        Professor Pat Pending The Convert-A-Car 3
                        The Red Max The Crimson Haybaler 4
                        Penelope Pitstop The Compact Pussycat 5
                        Sergeant Blast and Private Meekly The Army Surplus Special 6
                        The Ant Hill Mob The Bulletproof Bomb 7
                        Lazy Luke and Blubber Bear The Arkansas Chuggabug 8
                        Peter Perfect The Turbo Terrific 9
                        Rufus Ruffcut and Sawtooth The Buzzwagon 10

Comment

Hi and welcome from one Penelope to another but no-one ever calls me that!

Comment

Gregor Haha, that list brought back some memories! Lady Penelope and Dick Dastardly and Mutley are the only ones whose names I've remembered over the years though. Didn't Dick and Mutley end up having a cartoon show of their own eventually?

Sorry Lady Penelope , a bit off-topic! Hope you enjoy ownership of your Nipper.
                            ​​​​​​​Cynthia

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
                              Gregor Haha, that list brought back some memories! Lady Penelope and Dick Dastardly and Mutley are the only ones whose names I've remembered over the years though. Didn't Dick and Mutley end up having a cartoon show of their own eventually?

Sorry Lady Penelope , a bit off-topic! Hope you enjoy ownership of your Nipper.
                              Cynthia
                              Yes, there were a couple of spin-offs at the time "Dastardly and Mutley" and "The Perils of Penelope Pitstop".

Lady Penelope Apologies for straying off-topic (that quite often happens on here). Welcome from me, I looked up the Elddis Nipper - it looks like a nice layout!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X