This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone

I'm a new user and I have no idea how to start a post, so I am using the reply option instead.
    I've just bought a Romahome on a Suzuki Carry and am really looking forward to getting out and about this year ... come rain or shine!
    I'm having great difficulty getting insurance sorted out as the companies don't seem to know what I'm talking about. Any advice would be welcome, please.

Look forward to keeping in touch with everyone

Angela

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
    Hello everyone

I'm a new user and I have no idea how to start a post, so I am using the reply option instead.
    I've just bought a Romahome on a Suzuki Carry and am really looking forward to getting out and about this year ... come rain or shine!
    I'm having great difficulty getting insurance sorted out as the companies don't seem to know what I'm talking about. Any advice would be welcome, please.

Look forward to keeping in touch with everyone

Angela

Hello Dolly!! (Angela)

welcome to the forum.

Our demountable was attectionately known as Dolly, it was on a Diahatsu hijet.

We used campton insurance brokers (01883 742460) I can't remember just how much they were but another broker, adrian flux, advised us to snatch their hands off when I told them how much I'd been quoted.

Good luck
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Well hello Dolly (sorry bad Louise Armstrong impersonation)

I have moved your post to make a new thread for you, if you want to make a new thread anytime if you look at the top of the particular section you are viewing you will see a blue button marked "New Thread" if you click on that a new thread will be created for you and you just have to give it a title.

We use Saga Motorhome insurance being (of a certain age) but I'm not sure whether they would accept your vehicle, worth a try though, assuming you are an old fogey like me.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
        Hello Dolly!! (Angela)

welcome to the forum.

Our demountable was attectionately known as Dolly, it was on a Diahatsu hijet.

We used campton insurance brokers (01883 742460) I can't remember just how much they were but another broker, adrian flux, advised us to snatch their hands off when I told them how much I'd been quoted.

Good luck
        Hi from me too!!! Enjoy your camping!!!

Adrian Flux are the company I used, not a bad price, but when I cancelled after selling the vehicle I was diddled on the refund. I had only just taken out the policy, over £126 and the refund just a month later was £27... very expensive for a month's insurance! I should have read the small print! Actually they said I wasn't entitled to a refund at all until I quoted their small print!

Comment

If you are still unsure how to start a new thread you could have a look at my video tutorial which shows you how.

HOW TO START A NEW THREAD
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your help. this really is proving difficult, but I'm sure we'll get there. Yes, Graham, I am an old fogey, so will try Saga.
            GlenW, is that what you call it, a demountable? Did you have any problems describing what it was to these insurers?
            Agh!! My head hurts!!!

Angela

Comment

Thanks to Graham too. I'll get to grips with this soon!!

Angela

Comment

Hi everyone

GlenW, is that what you call it, a demountable? Did you have any problems describing what it was to these insurers?
                Agh!! My head hurts!!!

Angela

Hi,

Yes they are classed as demountables as the rear 'pod' can be dismounted from the suzuki part. Campton knew exactly what I was talking about, as did Adrian Flux so I can't imagine you'll have any problems with either of them. If you are having any problems with it, suggest sending an photo to them to show what it is or maybe look for a similar vehicle online and give them the web address so they can get an idea of the type of vehicle you are describing.

I'm not sure if all insurers are the same, or if its anything you'd want to consider, but Campton did say both parts of the vehicle were insured seperately so if I wanted to use the vehicle without the 'pod' I could and both would still be insured.

Good luck,

Glen
                Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Thanks for that Glen, will give that a bash tomorrow

Angela

Comment

Hello & welcome Angela. I hope you get your insurance sorted soon and can get out & about in your camper. They are so much fun, we love our's and would spend more time away if we didnt have to work. Will you be coming to the "meet" at Wolverly ? Lots of peeps going & lots of cake.
                    Penny Derek & Barney,(the cat)

Comment

hello Pendel. We would have loved to have come to Wolverly, but unfortunately, one of us is working and the other has to go to a concert on the Saturday night. Next time, though! Managed to get the insurance sorted out ... Thank you Glen!! No probs at all with Campton and I've just passed their name on to a colleague.
                      Great stuff!
                      Hope to meet up with everyone soon
                      Angela

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X