As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from sunny Ceredigion

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from sunny Ceredigion

Hi
    a quick hello, we are in the middle of what to do up we have a C15 van whch may work with addaption or a transit which needs looking at tomorrow ex minibus with space and seats near Llandeilo, or our 806 auto shed which is waiting for the garage to say yay or nay once the computor has been put on it.
    Decisions, decisions!!
    fish heads eat them up yum! :jump for joy:

Hello Milly - sounds like you have lots of options there. Welcome to the Forum.

Not so sure about fish heads
    Mary

Comment

hello Milly and welcome,you will get lots of answers to questions here,lots of self builds have been done. So ask away! no question too daft,we all began knowing nothing.

Fish heads,yes if they are whitebait, yum.

Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi from me! Spring is just a few shivers away!

Comment

Hello Milly and welcome
          Hope you manage to find what you're looking for and get camping. I'm just down the road from you. Well, maybe a little bit more than that. Hope to meet up with you sometime.
          Maria

Comment

Welcome Milly.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello Milly and welcome to the SMHF, plenty of work then? hope to meet up on your travels.
              Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
              'Live without regrets'

Comment

Welcome Milly, Ditto all thats been said........ and can I claim the five pounds? Fish heads rings a distant bell as a quirky song from the past... am off to Youtube it now!
                Hope to meet you on the road or in a field someday soon!
                All the best
                Andyvan

Comment

Thank you all for the greetings.
                  I shall no doubt be asking many questions
                  My first job in the morning is checking the timing on my C15 diesel engine as starting probs, heater plugs ok and once started on easy start fine all day but want to cure the problem, last owner said he put on new cambelt. Back to the C15 forum see if anyone got a copy of how to do timing.If its not that then valve clearances are meant to cause probs due to valve dedgration but not for the mileage I have on mine.
                  regards
                  Milly

Comment

Hi Milly/ Welcome to the forum.

You sound VERY knowledgeable - I suspect we will all be picking YOUR brains rather than vica versa!
                    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Haynes manual explains about timing.

If it is running fine when warm then the timing is OK. Check that heater plugs and cold start are working correctly - Haynes manual again.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by milly View Post
                        Thank you all for the greetings.
                        I shall no doubt be asking many questions
                        My first job in the morning is checking the timing on my C15 diesel engine as starting probs, heater plugs ok and once started on easy start fine all day but want to cure the problem, last owner said he put on new cambelt. Back to the C15 forum see if anyone got a copy of how to do timing.If its not that then valve clearances are meant to cause probs due to valve dedgration but not for the mileage I have on mine.
                        regards
                        Milly
                        When I bought my c15 romahome I decided mine needed changing for its age rather than its mileage and cheerfully looked up info on the net re timing belts (I like to try to sound intelligent when I talk to people doing my vehicle maintenance)

I found a link which I thought was good

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/4ig....htmlldn't

but the better informed person sorting out my C15 told me

Wilco. BTW, if you followed the instructions on the attached link, the engine would never run again. Yours is a 1.8D, which is why it is such a pain to find parts, but is also timed in a different way. Only the C15 after 2000 got the 1.9D, but your Romahome is made up of parts from an older base vehicle. Caveat per emptor.......

Am so pleased he knew more than I did - van runs very nicely now thank you

Comment

Open your bonnet and drivers side window down. switch on ignition and then quickly go and listen to the left/nearside of the engine bay, there should be a audible click from the relay switching off the glow plugs after about 15 seconds.

The feed wire disconnected, should be tested by running a multi meter in line from the feed and to earth. you could see if the voltage needle goes up to about 13v and off to zero about 15 seconds after switching on the ignition.

I would get an opinion from Ant as well cos if the engine runs fine once started on easy start then your belt timing is OK. My feeling is the relay is faulty, it's a black box about the size of a fag packet.

Comment

There is still no problem getting mechanical parts for older C15s and the engines were common across many ranges of vehicles. They are Known as XUD and came in 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 versions with and without turbo, the post 2000 1.9 engines are called DW8 and are based on the XUD. The 2litre and 1.6 diesels are called common rail and are a very different animal. The XUD and DW8s are easy to maintain and with regular maintenance seem to go on forever.

Peter

Comment

Hi thank you for your help. I have done the heater plug check and all ok on that side they had been renewed and timer on relay ok. So doing timing check as a matter of course as still might be a little to far advanced. Most likely prob;em is valves need shiming on the DW8 it appears the valves or seats wear at low mileage but I want check so I know I have eliminated all the other variables.
                              I shall read the posts more thoroughly in the morning
                              many thanks
                              Milly

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X