As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big change to smaller ways

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big change to smaller ways

Hello,
    Found these forums most instructive. So first a big thanks to everyone who inputs such helpful answers.
    I am due to move from my 1987 VW T25 Auto Home Kadett to a 1993 C15 HiLo so the variety of answers to questions filled lots of gaps in my
    knowledge.

Originally posted by 5threeone View Post
    Hello,
    Found these forums most instructive. So first a big thanks to everyone who inputs such helpful answers.
    I am due to move from my 1987 VW T25 Auto Home Kadett to a 1993 C15 HiLo so the variety of answers to questions filled lots of gaps in my
    knowledge.
    Hello and welcome,it may seem a big step down but you have loads of plus points to discover.
    ask all the questions,we did,and someone will have the answer.
    see you on a site
    Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, we have quite a few people on here who have downsized so they may be able to help with any questions. Good luck, hope you love your new van.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi, 5threeone and welcome,

Di.

Comment

Hi from me too!

Comment

The smaller the campervan the more intelligent the use of space... its a formula.
            Your Kadett would have been fairly ideal though, apart from the mad fuel condsumption of that DG engine.
            My last run to Cornwall in a T25 1.9 - £180 each way
            ...Last run in Berlingo Romahome Duo £65 each way.

What did you do with the Kadett?
            Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

[QUOTE=rubberrat;35516]The smaller the campervan the more intelligent the use of space... its a formula.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------
              Yes, this applies to the design of the van...but I am still striving to be more intelligent in MY use of the space available!

Hi, welcome to the forum from me, too .
              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Just over a year ago Carole and I changed from a medium sized towed caravan to a Romahome Hilo. We also wondered, is it big enough? The toilet under the sink, is the area large enough? Surprisingly, yes it is! Etc., etc. After we had disposed of the mountain of unused equipment we had kept stowed in the caravan we then packed in the Romahome only the minimum of what we thought we would need. The next few trips we adjusted that need (only 2 cups, 2 plates and so on). It is amazing, you don't need very much when you list it all. Best of all, it is so easy to leave home at a moment's notice, arrive at a campsite and set up or leave at a moment's notice. Now we are camping much more than we have ever done.
                I think we all at first have this fear, no, we'll never fit in there. You will, you know, and you'll love it. You just have to take that first step...........
                Good luck and welcome. Graham and Carole
                Last edited by GeeCee; 25-01-2012, 12:18. Reason: clarity

Comment

Personally I would love to take that first step now that I am solo.
                  Unfortunately unless I win the lottery there is no way I can afford a romahome.
                  Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
                    Personally I would love to take that first step now that I am solo.
                    Unfortunately unless I win the lottery there is no way I can afford a romahome.
                    Robin there is always hope, someone in Mansfield not a million miles away from Nottingham won £42 million on the euro lottery.

That would buy a nice van.

No hope for us, we don't do the lottery.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

yeah and what did she say she wanted? A new landing carpet!!!
                      Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
                        yeah and what did she say she wanted? A new landing carpet!!!
                        Perhaps she meant she wanted it to go in Wollaton Hall when she'd bought it.
                        Graham

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X