As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Australia

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Australia

I am about to convert my Citroen Belingo Diesel into a campervan, I found the site by accident and found the conversion the Belingo by member messy. I would like to be able to use some of the designs in my van. My wife and I are going on a holiday from Sydney to Adelaide via some good wine growing areas. then we are putting the car on the GHAN train and travelling overland through Alice Springs to Darwin then travel overland to Cairns and then down the coast through Brisbane and back home.10,000km. It should take 5 weeks. If anyone is coming to Australia I have extensive in Australian tourism and would be glad to help you visit our Great country. Aussie Bob

twin1

Originally posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    I am about to convert my Citroen Belingo Diesel into a campervan, I found the site by accident and found the conversion the Belingo by member messy. I would like to be able to use some of the designs in my van. My wife and I are going on a holiday from Sydney to Adelaide via some good wine growing areas. then we are putting the car on the GHAN train and travelling overland through Alice Springs to Darwin then travel overland to Cairns and then down the coast through Brisbane and back home.10,000km. It should take 5 weeks. If anyone is coming to Australia I have extensive in Australian tourism and would be glad to help you visit our Great country. Aussie Bob
    HI
    Welcome ,lots of friendly people here and lots of knowledge.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the site and the forum!

That sounds like a massive and impressive journey - you will wear out the tyres!

Comment

Welcome Bob. Would be interesting to see pics of your work and a few piccys of your trip when you go..

Comment

Welcome, Bob. :waving
          Wow!! Our little forum is getting really cosmopolitan! :so happy:

Comment

Next meet Australia?????..... Shall we charter a SMF ship for the variety of camping units? Book 6 months off away we gooooooooooooooooooooooo

Piccys please Bob

Comment

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for the welcome we are really a friendly bunch down here in Australia. Regarding wearing out of tyres I get nearly 110,000km out of a set now and average 4.3 lt per hundred in fuel so it is an economical trip. Remember we are different to the UK, we can put the car into 5th gear without running off the end of the island. I would like to make contact with the Australian members if thats possible and also could one of the members give me some idea of a tent/sunroom that would be suitable for fitting to my Belingo. Thanks Aussie Bob

Comment

Yes Bob I do conceed that the spring meet in Banbury, England may be a bit far.....

Comment

Hi Bob and welcome.

derek b and Babs
                  derek b and Babs

Comment

Hello, Bob, hope your trip is amazing. Echo the request for photos - would love to see some of the sights of Australia which are not the usual commercial ones.

Di.

Comment

[QUOTE=Remember we are different to the UK, we can put the car into 5th gear without running off the end of the island.'

could one of the members give me some idea of a tent/sunroom that would be suitable for fitting to my Belingo. Thanks Aussie Bob[/QUOTE]

Hi. Welcome to the forum

Sounds an amazing adventure. Well, back in blighty, we think of Aussies as wearing those hats with corks swinging from them (I bought some for my friends / family when I visited Perth a few years ago.) So how's about getting a sunroom and suspending fly screens made of corks?
                      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Aussie Bob

Just an update on progress on the Belingo. I have practically completed my conversion of the van using recycled materials.
                        1.. The roof because it was black and unlined has been insulated using sound deadening, then an old camping mat glued over and finally car carpet, I then obtained a ex demonstrator solar fan and cut a hole in the roof and fitted it in.
                        2.. the bed unit is on a raised platform made from scrap kitchen doors and other materials scrounged from my mens shed group and is hinged in two places to allow access, the actual mattress is out of our sofa lounge with an egg shell sponge over the top for added comfort. At the end of the trip it will go back into the lounge.
                        3.. The tent section I finally decided on was from a company in Australia called undercover canvas which designed the outback tent it is much more practical and stronger than the Chinese imports.

As my van has to be used for carrying up to 600kg of stock I had to design it to be a multi purpose unit, so at the end of the trip it will revert back to a empty van. Only 2 weeks to go before we head off on the big journey.

Comment

Hi Aussie Bob - have a good trip and be sure to take some photos to share with us all here in the UK :so happy:
                          Mary

Comment

Have fun-we like pictures!
                            derek b and Babs

Comment

Hi Bob,
                              Yes please pack the camera, am already imagining wide open spaces and sunshine in my mind..... Have a brilliant trip
                              Happy trails
                              Andyvan

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X