As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

downsizing

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

downsizing

Hello everybody,
    We have just bought our first romahome R40 and we are hoping that we will be as passionate about it in the months to come as you all seem to be. We had an autotrail apache 700, 6 berth monster. great when sited but not so clever to use for exploring. We now wish to purchase an awning for R40 and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on what is suitable with the rear door entry, not something we have had before

Everyone here seems to go for the Movelite XL.

Comment

Hi Newforestlass and welcome to the Forum.
      A number of us have R40's on here so you can ask away and hopefully someone will know an answer. The height of the R40 means that the size of awning which you would need, from Outdoor Revolution, (which most people seem to use on Romahomes), adds another 4 metres to the length of the van. (Although we have just seen they have brought out a new one which might fit) This extra length we thought could be a problem on some sites. And our other requirement, to be able to hang up wet clothes, would not be possible with curved glass fibre poles.
      We did like the shape of the origional Romahome awnings but they are too short and fairly heavy. The solution, we hope, is the origional design but with lightweight poles and material built to our specification with a 3 metre footprint. We ordered it from the people who made the Romahome awnings and hope to have it delivered at the end of next week.
      Our first test run should be at the Kingsbury Water Meet in March but if you are interested in the specification and pictures of the Romahome design please PM me with your e mail address.
      Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin,
        that sounds very interesting .hopefully not too expensive:

Comment

The problem with a Movelite XL is that the sleeve at it's maximum height to reach the van roof then slopes down very quickly and the R40 door will not open within it as far as I can see, but it might be worth trying if you can find one erected.
          As to whether the new one is expensive, if it doesn't do everything we want then it will be. If it solves the problem, (large hairy dog, smelly when wet), then it will be a bargain. It is £400 - which is a lot less than Romahome charge for their standard awning! It will be a very public celebration or humiliation with 50 SMH members at the Water Park!!!!!
          Colin

Comment

Hi Newforestlass and welcome.

derek b and Babs
            derek b and Babs

Comment

Hello, Newforestlass, Hope you enjoy the forum. Some great people who have even greater experience as you're finding out. Look forward to meeting up with you at one of the many meets.

Di.

Comment

meets

Hi Di,
                Yes, I do hope we will be coming along to one of your meets to get to know you all . I haven't found that page yet but I'm sure I will. The new van arrives in March .yippeeand after that who knows where the open road will take us . I feel like toad of toad hall.
                Lyn

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Comment

source an awning

Originally posted by niloc View Post
                    Hi Newforestlass and welcome to the Forum.
                    A number of us have R40's on here so you can ask away and hopefully someone will know an answer. The height of the R40 means that the size of awning which you would need, from Outdoor Revolution, (which most people seem to use on Romahomes), adds another 4 metres to the length of the van. (Although we have just seen they have brought out a new one which might fit) This extra length we thought could be a problem on some sites. And our other requirement, to be able to hang up wet clothes, would not be possible with curved glass fibre poles.
                    We did like the shape of the origional Romahome awnings but they are too short and fairly heavy. The solution, we hope, is the origional design but with lightweight poles and material built to our specification with a 3 metre footprint. We ordered it from the people who made the Romahome awnings and hope to have it delivered at the end of next week.
                    Our first test run should be at the Kingsbury Water Meet in March but if you are interested in the specification and pictures of the Romahome design please PM me with your e mail address.
                    Colin
                    Hi again
                    I have not managed to find anything on google under romahome awning and I am not sure who made the original ones , so can I ask who it was you got it from
                    lyn
                    ps also computer idiot what does PM mean and how do I do it

Comment

Hi Lyn
                      The awning supplier is Kingswood Canvas and they do have a website. It is obviously a small company and a bit disorganised and slow. You might want to see if ours works first!
                      A PM had me miffed for a while, but it stands for Private Message and enables members to contact individuals rather than go through the Forum. To access it just click on the picture or name at the top of the persons message and a drop down box will take you to PM's
                      Colin

Comment

Hi Lyn
                        Ant on this forum sells Romahome awnings, have a chat with him.
                        Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                        'Live without regrets'

Comment

Hi Newforestlass and welcome to the Forum, hope you get your awning sorted.
                          Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                          'Live without regrets'

Comment

Thanks

A big thanks to everyone for all your help and warm greetings.
                            Lyn

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
                              Hi Lyn
                              Ant on this forum sells Romahome awnings, have a chat with him.
                              Nice one gadgetman,that sounds a good idea

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X