As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from Hayling Island

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Hayling Island

Hi. I bought my first little Romahome yesterday. I'm married to Nigel and my mum, Lou, lives with us, since we lost my dad.

We used to go touring through France and Spain when I was younger, but this is the first time I'll be campervanning with my own little van.

I've got a couple of little questions (I'm sure I'll have loads more):

Is there a decent campsite near Erith, Kent? I'd like to visit my rellies and stay somewhere for a couple of days. Just as a bit of a starter, before we go a bit further afield. I'd also like to meet up with you peeps, so I'll keep my eyes open for meets.

Can anyone recommend an awning, please. I've googled and come up with loads but you're the best people to ask.

Thanks. :so happy:

Hi Danjo
    Welcome to the forum.
    The nearest site to Erith is at Abbeywood (bottom of Knee Hill), it is a Caravan Club site. It is close to the railway station,walking distance, if you should want to go into London.
    Last edited by Sidick; 03-03-2012, 13:09.

Comment

Hi Danjo and a very big welcome to the forum.
      I have a C15 Romahome and I aslo have a Movelite Square awning which appears to be a very popular awning with a lot of our members here.
      You'll probably have lots of other replies very soon.
      Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Danjo View Post
        Hi. I bought my first little Romahome yesterday. I'm married to Nigel and my mum, Lou, lives with us, since we lost my dad.

We used to go touring through France and Spain when I was younger, but this is the first time I'll be campervanning with my own little van.

I've got a couple of little questions (I'm sure I'll have loads more):

Is there a decent campsite near Erith, Kent? I'd like to visit my rellies and stay somewhere for a couple of days. Just as a bit of a starter, before we go a bit further afield. I'd also like to meet up with you peeps, so I'll keep my eyes open for meets.

Can anyone recommend an awning, please. I've googled and come up with loads but you're the best people to ask.

Thanks. :so happy:
        Just a big welcome. We were all newbies once, Carole and I were a year ago but the first meet we went to was the friendliest you could imagine. And everyone is out to enjoy themselves. And of course their Romahomes. Good luck and we'll meet you sometime on a meet. Graham and Carole

Comment

Hi Danjo, welcome.
          derek b and Babs

Comment

Hi Danjo,
            A warm welcome, I'm not too far from you in Brighton! I've got a C15 Hylo and have just acquired what I think is a 'Romahome' awning, a few people on here have them and think they are really good!
            I'm yet to put mine up and may do at next weekends 'meet' Its heavy with old fashioned alloy poles and heavy canvas. I suspect its useful if you stay put for a few days, they are however well made and warmer to be in than the lighter ones. You do see them for sale (not often) on Ebay, here or on the Roma club websites.
            Its fair to say that the Movelites are popular, lightweight and quick to put up too! Others will be along to advise you on which fit what model.
            Which sort of Romahome have you got? they're all fun and become very much part of your lifestyle too!
            Come along to a meet, then you can see what people use and meet some friendly people.
            All the best
            Andyvan

Comment

Hi Danjo

Welcome to the forum, the most popular awning for small motorhomes is the Movelite http://astore.amazon.co.uk/smallmocampin-21/detail/B004TBCNNI

They are very lightweight and fit into a small bag, I can't find a link to the awning that Andy refers to, they are very well made but also very heavy and bulky and a lot costlier to buy new.

Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice.

Here is a video of how to erect a movelite if you get one. http://youtu.be/MA16a0B7LWE
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

There's a Romahome awning on Ebay currently, with ome photo, heres the link to it:
                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Romahome-a...item27c3f8a3a5

As Graham said they are heavy, bulky too, I think this will only accompany me when I know staying for more than a couple of nights is on the cards! Will photograph mine this weekend.
                All the best
                Andyvan

Comment

Hello, Danjo

Hope you enjoy the forum. It's a great site with very friendly folk who have a wealth of experience which they are happy to pass on.

Hope to meet you at one of the many gatherings.

Di.

Comment

The wild ones.

Hope you enjoy the forum. It's a great site with very friendly folk we here in Norway would like you to come, but its a long way. Have great fun in your new van. We shall drive to England end of July and beginging of August may be we can meet up!!
                    Originally posted by di allen View Post
                    Hello, Danjo

Hope you enjoy the forum. It's a great site with very friendly folk who have a wealth of experience which they are happy to pass on.

Hope to meet you at one of the many gatherings.

Di.
                    Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

Thanks for you help everybody. My van is an oldie, 1991, Vauxhall (pick-up) Romahome. Our friend at the garage gave it the once over and he loved it!

Is it a good idea to join the Caravan Club?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X