As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been tooooo long!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been tooooo long!

Hello everyone,
    I spent quite a bit of time on this helpful forum when I bought my first Outlook back in 2006. I owned it and LOVED it for several years, then traded up to a Trigano Tribute in order to do a big European tour. The Tribby was great and served me very well, but when I moved back to The Smoke, it had to go.
    I am presently camperless (have been for just over a year) and am now hunting for a bargain Romahome, possibly a facelift Duo Outlook, but may settle for a more recent C15 - just love the look of the quirky little beast!
    In any case, life without a camper sucks, and I've missed my little camping community - here's to being back, and hope this finds you all well and happy!!!

Best,
    Jacquie

Originally posted by jacsprat View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I spent quite a bit of time on this helpful forum when I bought my first Outlook back in 2006. I owned it and LOVED it for several years, then traded up to a Trigano Tribute in order to do a big European tour. The Tribby was great and served me very well, but when I moved back to The Smoke, it had to go.
    I am presently camperless (have been for just over a year) and am now hunting for a bargain Romahome, possibly a facelift Duo Outlook, but may settle for a more recent C15 - just love the look of the quirky little beast!
    In any case, life without a camper sucks, and I've missed my little camping community - here's to being back, and hope this finds you all well and happy!!!

Best,
    Jacquie
    I fully understand how you feel,camping in a small motorhome is a way of life that is highly addictive Im very happy to say.It lets you leave your problems in a cupboard for a while and escape to peace & sanity ,yourself. So needed in these stressful times.Nothing wrong with a nice C15 as long as you stay out of Low Emmission Zones,the search can be fun if you have adopted a light hearted attitude.I look forward to meeting you on a site somewhere.
    Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
      I fully understand how you feel,camping in a small motorhome is a way of life that is highly addictive Im very happy to say.It lets you leave your problems in a cupboard for a while and escape to peace & sanity ,yourself. So needed in these stressful times.Nothing wrong with a nice C15 as long as you stay out of Low Emmission Zones,the search can be fun if you have adopted a light hearted attitude.I look forward to meeting you on a site somewhere.
      Ian
      You said it! So addictive that even though I can only get away one, maybe two weekends a month, I can't stop obsessing about a 'van! It's an expensive little hobby in that case, but I don't care!
      As for the LEZ, I live in central London - inside the congestion charging zone, so a Romahome is the only practical and affordable option for me. C15s are not subject to the LEZ, so I'd be OK with one.
      Looking forward to meeting you too Ian - I never did make it to a SMF meet before - was always working weekends. Now I may be able to manage one - can't wait!
      Jacquie

Comment

You said it! So addictive that even though I can only get away one, maybe two weekends a month, I can't stop obsessing about a 'van! It's an expensive little hobby in that case, but I don't care!
        As for the LEZ, I live in central London - inside the congestion charging zone, so a Romahome is the only practical and affordable option for me. C15s are not subject to the LEZ, so I'd be OK with one.
        Looking forward to meeting you too Ian - I never did make it to a SMF meet before - was always working weekends. Now I may be able to manage one - can't wait!
        Jacquie
        I live in wimbledon ,so I have the same problems, the lowest band of the LEZ is "suspended" but Boris was talking about bringing it in this year,that would catch the C15.I traded mine when Ken invented the LEZ,and upgraded to a Berlingo.I get down to the coast or go to the cotswolds every weekend throughout the year,and also go to the Romaclub rallys and SMHC meets and New companions meets,I aim for 1 per month minimum.Roll on tomorrow,off to meet the SMHC family at Kingsbury:so happy:

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
          I live in wimbledon ,so I have the same problems, the lowest band of the LEZ is "suspended" but Boris was talking about bringing it in this year,that would catch the C15.I traded mine when Ken invented the LEZ,and upgraded to a Berlingo.I get down to the coast or go to the cotswolds every weekend throughout the year,and also go to the Romaclub rallys and SMHC meets and New companions meets,I aim for 1 per month minimum.Roll on tomorrow,off to meet the SMHC family at Kingsbury:so happy:
          Oh dear, that is a big worry if it's the case - I understood the latest phase, originally intended for 2009, was delayed until this year, Jan 2012, and is only applied to diesels with a GVW over 2500kg - a C15 is something like 1700kg so no probs at the moment. Can't find any info on what to expect next. Most of what I did find says nothing will happen now until 2015. How the h**l do you know if the goalposts are going to move again, and for whom?? Info for the future of the LEZ is confusing, missing or just plain wrong. Life is complicated these days, isn't it. I just want my wee camper one bloomin' weekend a month...

Comment

Oh dear, that is a big worry if it's the case - I understood the latest phase, originally intended for 2009, was delayed until this year, Jan 2012, and is only applied to diesels with a GVW over 2500kg - a C15 is something like 1700kg so no probs at the moment. Can't find any info on what to expect next. Most of what I did find says nothing will happen now until 2015. How the h**l do you know if the goalposts are going to move again, and for whom?? Info for the future of the LEZ is confusing, missing or just plain wrong. Life is complicated these days, isn't it. I just want my wee camper one bloomin' weekend a month...
            Get in touch with freeborn Motorhomes in southampton,they have quite a range of SMH`s and they know which ones will pass the LEZ.It will save you a lot of hunting around and maybe a lot of heartache. best wishes and good hunting

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X