As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Northern Ireland

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Northern Ireland

Hi everybody.

No need for a welcome reply lol....dropping in only on occassions as I'm mainly active on two other forums....just a quick introduction...drive a Wellhouse Leisure Totota Regius conversion...and the Avatar graphic is my own and unique (designed by me based on the Underworld Film), and on my van windscreen....hope to meet up with some of you on my travels around the UK.

Hi Viktor

Good to see you here. I think you'll find this is a very friendly and welcoming forum!

I'm sure we'll meet on your next trip to the mainland...

Karen

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
      Hi Viktor

Good to see you here. I think you'll find this is a very friendly and welcoming forum!

I'm sure we'll meet on your next trip to the mainland...

Karen
      Hi Karen.

Saw your post on WC....didn't realise that you were a moderator on this one lol.....yes, very likely meet soon possibly at the B meet if you are there...hope you are having fun with the Romahome.

Comment

Viktor ditch the other two forums and stick with us, you know it makes sense.

Only joking, welcome to the small motorhome forum we hope you will be a regular visitor and come to love it as we all do.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor View Post
          Hi Karen.

Saw your post on WC....didn't realise that you were a moderator on this one lol.....yes, very likely meet soon possibly at the B meet if you are there...hope you are having fun with the Romahome.
          This is the first camping forum I joined and, IMO, the best!

I'm not going to B - it's turned into such a large event and that's not what wilding's about for me: I prefer small and discreet. Instead I'll be going away for a camping/canoeing weekend with my husband then it's off to Scotland for 2 weeks off-grid wilding in the Highlands.

Loving the Romahome and pleased to hear via the grapevine that you're enjoying your new van too! I think it would be much-admired on SMHF meets...

Comment

Hi Karen.

Do you have to have worked at Bletchley Park to understand this post?

Peter

Comment

Sorry - it wasn't meant to be cryptic. I know Viktor from a wild camping forum (ie WC) which has arranged a meet at 'B' which Viktor is attending but I've opted out of because it's too large and not my definition of 'wilding'.

I've noticed there's a small but possibly growing number of 'wilders' here now...

Comment

it's turned into such a large event and that's not what wilding's about for me......
                Originally posted by Graham View Post
                Viktor ditch the other two forums and stick with us, you know it makes sense.

Only joking, welcome to the small motorhome forum we hope you will be a regular visitor and come to love it as we all do.
                Lol...actually I agree with you (and J has much the same opinion). I'm going mainly to meet everyone and enjoy a short spell in the pub...my GF and 10 yr old daughter are with me on this trip for a holiday...my GF drinks a little whereas I don't, so it will also double as a night out for them...rally type meets are NOT my scene either. I much prefer to 'adventure'.

Apologies for the cryptic...but no point in advertising something on another forum when the meet in question is already overcrowded.

Cheers Graham....unfortunately in truth I'm finding I have less time to spend on forums these days and tend now to quickly scan posts with perhaps total time spent about 5 mins in the morning and 5 mins in the evening (most days).
                Last edited by Viktor; 09-04-2012, 14:22.

Comment

Sorry - it wasn't meant to be cryptic. I know Viktor from a wild camping forum (ie WC) which has arranged a meet at 'B' which Viktor is attending but I've opted out of because it's too large and not my definition of 'wilding'.

I've noticed there's a small but possibly growing number of 'wilders' here now...
                  There certainly is and we enrolled a newbie wildcamper called Eva at the Easter meet,she has the dinkiest Dihatsu hi jet,its smaller than your Roo was I think.It was her first camp in it and all went well, so we look forward to seeing her again.
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

It went extremely well didnt it. All settled at home now & dried out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                      There certainly is and we enrolled a newbie wildcamper called Eva at the Easter meet,she has the dinkiest Dihatsu hi jet,its smaller than your Roo was I think.It was her first camp in it and all went well, so we look forward to seeing her again.
                      I've said 'hello' via the Easter meet thread.

I think a HiJet is larger internally than a Roo and is certainly a more usable shape. I hope to see it myself one day!

K

Comment

Hi, Victor of N.I. , a beautiful part of the world.

I was one of the first graduates of what was then called 'The New University of Ulster' based in Coleraine, and still visit Portstewart occasionally. Next visit, hopefully, to be in July, 41 years since we graduated!
                        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
                          Hi, Victor of N.I. , a beautiful part of the world.

I was one of the first graduates of what was then called 'The New University of Ulster' based in Coleraine, and still visit Portstewart occasionally. Next visit, hopefully, to be in July, 41 years since we graduated!
                          There's a small camp site not far from the gates now.

Comment

There's a small camp site not far from the gates now.
                            Oh, that could be useful, though was considering splashing out on one of those new flats right by the harbour. Last time, about 1996, we rented a flat just behind them, opposite what used to be a row of fishermen's cottages.

We used to live in 4 The Diamond, P.S. half of which has since been demolished (that wall always WAS damp anyway!) I loved Portstewart & would love to retire to a place like that (little harbour with dramatic rocks nearby, short promenade, and a beautiful strand near the cliff walk by the convent.) I worked as a cleaner / waitress in several of the local hotels in order to subsidise extra holiday time there.

So is this your local area?
                            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Hi Viktor and welcome.
                              derek b and Babs

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X