As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

still waiting

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still waiting

is anyone else waiting for their new romahome? I paid my deposit and negotiated my part exchange in jan at the manchester show, but am still waiting. The DVLA are supposed to be doing something with the new model R20 but Baldwins dont seem to have any idea of how long it is going to take. Was hoping to be in and away by April/May this year as I have recently retired. Am I the only one?

hello Lorraine,
    as explained in the other thread you started under Romahome chat,you are not the only one,the powers that be are insisting on a new test procedure on all new motorhomes and as it is a brand new process this is causing some delays,have you tried phoning romahomes themselves on the isle of wight,then you will get a precise date.They are very good at keeping their customers informed,if asked.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Lorraine.
      I finally took delivery of a new Romahome conversion last summer. As it was ready later than anticipated, I cheekily asked if they had a courtesy van I could borrow. I was very lucky as the S.ton branch did have one! However, as there are a lot of other new owners also waiting, this would be very much a long shot for you.

However, when it finally is ready, I hope you enjoy your new purchase and have safe travels / camping in it.
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Hello Lorraine,We are waiting for a new R20 we ordered from Freeborn .The problem is they have had about a dozen Romahomes held up because of the new Euro test that started at the end of May.One of the test areas is the glass in the back door that must have a kite mark and as Romahome cut their glass from a large panel now have to order smaller pieces from Italy.The vans that failed on this just sit and wait and then have to be booked in for a re test .Freeborn or the factory have no idea when this will be and can not even offer a date for collection.WE are in a far better position than you as we continue to holiday in our present Romahome but still cant wait to get the new improved "L" shaped lounge and clever design that will suit us better.We go on holiday to the Isle of Wight next week and will call in the factory to at least have a look at our new Magic Micro Camper van so if you tell us what you ordered we will ask to look in yours as well and report back .However so far no news is not good news it really is "No News" as they have no idea and cant even guess a date for completion............Mark and Shirley.............

Comment

Euro test

Hi do you know when the dealers were informed re the details of this new test? I presume this must have been after the new Romas were built but does seem a little bizarre especially re the window glass. Is there anywhere we can access the new build requirements ourselves and the details of when and how this was rolled out?

Lizzie

Comment

why on earth dont you phone Romahome on the isle of wight and talk to them! it would save all this pointless speculation.

Comment

hi

hi we got how NEW R 20 on the 1 march and did not have to have a test so if others fale on glass min most be no good as well like to no more tom denis north yorks P/S we got how on order at n.e.c show

Comment

sorry Tom it is the propper glass but they cant prove it even with receips to the testers wont acept it without the kite mark . Ian we phoned isle of wight Romahome and talked to Brian Bailey who was most helpful but couldnt help on a date as he didnt know himself so its not really speculation that was a fact.At this rate its harmful to the whole motorhome trade on Foreign Vans as it creates a backlog of unsold vans so "Euro causes problems again with over fussy rules and regs" AGAIN ..........Mark

Comment

Originally posted by cordyroy View Post
                  sorry Tom it is the propper glass but they cant prove it even with receips to the testers wont acept it without the kite mark . Ian we phoned isle of wight Romahome and talked to Brian Bailey who was most helpful but couldnt help on a date as he didnt know himself so its not really speculation that was a fact.At this rate its harmful to the whole motorhome trade on Foreign Vans as it creates a backlog of unsold vans so "Euro causes problems again with over fussy rules and regs" AGAIN ..........Mark
                  Oh dear, Brian Bailey must be going nuts,this is just what you dont want in the middle of a recession when sales are difficult anyway.
                  I hope it gets sorted out quickly for everyones sake!

Comment

We have 2 almost identical threads going at the moment so I am going to close this thread and redirect you to the other which Brian Bailey, romahome MD has responded explaining where things are with this situation.

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=5515
                    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X