As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a new man

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I am a new man

    What I mean to say is that I wish to say HELLO not that I am a new man.

    Anyway I have a 1988 c15D with roof bars that carry a 18 ft kayak.

    I will soon make a tow hook as I am a welder.

    Soon i will replace some parts such as the track control arm bushes, caliper seals, etc. today I had to set the tracking as it was out a bit.

    Anyway i make things out of steel so if it fits on the romahome then I'll keep all informed.

    By the way, do your c15 s roll a bit?

    #2
    Hello

    Welcome to the forum, its great to have you here, you sound a very handy chap to have around, look forward to hearing about your little add on's for your romahome.

    We have had people asking about roof racks for canoes on Romahomes before so you are not on your own.

    Happy camping.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

    Comment


      #3
      Crumbs, That was quick, a reply already.

      Hi Graham, I'll take some photos of the bars, kayak carrier and the kayak all on top and how it should be done safe and securely. Hopefully wednesday but the rain in Brixham is non-stop

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ecobezhig View Post

        By the way, do your c15 s roll a bit?
        Only when you have an 18 ft kayak on the top

        Has yours got spring assistors on the back? They normally help.
        Derek Our Berlingo camping car

        Comment


          #5
          By the way, do your c15 s roll a bit?[/QUOTE]

          Not sure if i should answer this as i don`t own a romahome (See Album)

          Depends if your staionary & how many occupants are in the back at the time it rolls if on the open road this could be very dangerous if your van is over crowded
          Welcome to The Forum a sense of humour is a must have criteria here lol



          Billy

          Happy Camping Y`All
          Last edited by Wanderer101; 31-03-2010, 01:23.

          Comment


            #6
            Hello from me too

            plenty of rain surrey as well!!
            Jessie

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by jessiem View Post
              Hello from me too

              plenty of rain surrey as well!!
              And hello from me in Cheshire - lots of rain here as well!

              Comment


                #8
                Well to be honest I know why it rolls a bit, mainly on curves in the road.
                With rear springs 22 years old and worn bushes on the end of the anti-roll bar then it will happen. Age weakens the springs so i can either put a spacer in or just replace them with some new ones.
                brakes are a little worrying, very soft and a leaky left caliper that I'll repair thursday.

                Replaced track rod end ball joints, worn and threads seized in the tube but fixed all the same.

                Anyway 1 question, my lady and I would like to attend a camp meet or something if there's any in a month or so, near a river or the sea so we can go kayaking too and exchange info from me and lady talk from her.

                never knew a site existed like this

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ecobezhig View Post
                  brakes are a little worrying, very soft and a leaky left caliper that I'll repair thursday.
                  The brakes on the C15 are a bit dodgy, someone once asked if they were an "optional extra" , you will learn to give yourself plenty of time to stop.

                  Regarding meets we are having a meet in April at Wolverley which is right beside a canal, if that's any help.

                  You can read about it here.

                  http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=307
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Welcome

                    Hi and Welcome to the Friendly Forum
                    Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      We are meeting at wolverley 23rd April

                      Originally posted by ecobezhig View Post
                      Well to be honest I know why it rolls a bit, mainly on curves in the road.
                      With rear springs 22 years old and worn bushes on the end of the anti-roll bar then it will happen. Age weakens the springs so i can either put a spacer in or just replace them with some new ones.
                      brakes are a little worrying, very soft and a leaky left caliper that I'll repair thursday.

                      Replaced track rod end ball joints, worn and threads seized in the tube but fixed all the same.

                      Anyway 1 question, my lady and I would like to attend a camp meet or something if there's any in a month or so, near a river or the sea so we can go kayaking too and exchange info from me and lady talk from her.

                      never knew a site existed like this
                      It has a canal you can kayak on, and your missus can chat to the rest of the gang, see details for spring meet, email Graham if you want to join us in the pub for saturday night meal. you will need to book with camping and caravan club for Wolverley. Look forward to seeing you both.
                      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hello & Welcome eco. You will be made very welcome at the Woloverley meet. Incidently, for all you peeps suffering the weather, I got sunburned shoulders Just had a few glorious days in Torrevieja in Spain.

                        Comment

                        320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                        Collapse

                        728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X