As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone just signed up

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone just signed up

Hi everyone just throught I'd say hello. I'm not what would be considered a campervan/motorhome enthusiast as I only have a little suzuki carry van that I use to take my moped to events and shows and use to sleep in when an event or show is over a weekend not tried just going away camping in it yet as I've been busy this summer and the weather hasn't been all that kind to us plus I'm single and don't fancy pulling up at a site sticking out like a sore thumb cos I'm on my own.
    As I need the load space in my van I use a air bed to sleep on, I made a fold down table for the cooker, put curtains up and made hanging bag type of things to hang onto the back of the seats to store plates, mugs, cutlery and utensils in as storage space is at a premium. I would like to do more to the van ideally fit it with an elevating roof fit some side windows in the sliding doors and find an awning for the back to give me some extra space, but it serves it's purpose well and makes for a very comfortable and cosy place to sleep.

So thats just my little introduction of myself and my van hope to be chatting and picking brains with you all soon.
    Regards Martin :rollonfloorlaughing

Welcome to the forum - you're sure to find anwers to your questions and people with similar camping ideas! I've only been a member for a year + but have found lots of useful info and very friendly people ( I look forward to meeting them in person one of these days but in the meantime I enjoy their company in the ether as it were )

Comment

Hi Martin and welcome.
      derek b and Babs

Comment

Hi, welcome to the site.

Wouldn't worry about being single, a lot of us on here are solo campers.

Comment

Hi Martin. Welcome to the forum.

Am sure you will enjoy finding a lot of kindred spirits on this forum. There's a wealth of knowledge between the members, as well as a healthy curiosity about each others camping / travel interests and experiences.
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

A big welcome from me too.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Martin, a warm welcome, I love your user name Suzukibago Brilliant, do join some of us in a field sometime soon! and gab away..
              Andyvan

Comment

Thank you all for the very warm welcome

Comment

Hi Martin and welcome. Lots of solo campers in the forum, both sexes, no-one stands out coz we are a real mix of people and vans! All ages, some posh, and some not so posh, some missing a screw or two and that's just the vehicles!
                  Mary

Comment

Hi

Welcome Martin,
                    Dive into this wealth of knowledge here! This is what a forum should be like...

Comment

This sounds like an excellent practical vehicle to me. I used to do exactly the same as you with an airbed in the back of a Kangoo panel van which I later fitted out very basically for camping while enabling it to still be insured as a commercial vehicle. Your van will also be perfect for stealth wild-camping with no need to use campsites (something I avoid as much as possible).

You won't stand out for being a solo camper - I am too and there are many solo campers here.

Comment

Hi from me too!

Comment

Hi Martin and welcome.

Like you a lot of my camping is done staying over night at weekend shows - classic car shows in my case.

What moped do you have?
                          Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Suzukibago excellent name! quite a few of us singletons on here.
                            Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Originally posted by Huff View Post
                              Hi Martin and welcome.

Like you a lot of my camping is done staying over night at weekend shows - classic car shows in my case.

What moped do you have?
                              I have a 1971 Motobecane Mobylette.

So have any of you that use a converted van like mine ever been turned away from a campsite? Back in august on the bank hol weekend I tried to book for one night, I phone a few places where I wanted to be but some said they wouldn't let me just book for one night which is understandable but a few said they wouldn't let me on with, as they put it "a builders van". If I did end up going I would of just turned up with a tent, just wonder if this sort of thing happened to anyone else.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X