As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just joined

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined

Hello, I am the proud owner of an 18 year old Hylo. I purchased it about 2 years ago from someone who thought the MOT test was the full service you needed to have on a vehicle each year so 'just' a few things to get seen too,cough. Slowly but surely with the help of some very lovely local mechanics who are motorhome enthusisasts too the replacing and refurbishing has been going on when my budget allows. Basically it's being rebuilt including 'new' engine which was out of a van many years younger but with some modification it fits and runs beautifully. Next month is replace window in the roof time as that is a little warped and drips if parked at certain angles but plastic bowls are wonderful things The small fold down tables will need replacing as the chipboard had done a grand job of soaking up leaks until I rigged up my improvised drip tray. Thankfully the seats/beds had actually been covered with plastic backed picnic blankets so no man eating mould in the foam. Full check and test of all gas pipes and wiring etc will happen next month too as I this is the year I want to have a few real motorhome adventures rather than minimal camping using a fibreglass tent:0)
    My two dogs,lurcher-collieX's and I slept in the van during the heavy snow earlier this year and kept really snug and warm as I followed the wild life comings and goings in the Brecon Beacons.
    I'm looking forward to learning more about these small motorhomes and picking more experienced motorhomers brains when it comes to ideas for the continued refurbishment of BOD.

Welcome to the forum Daisy-Winifred, it sounds like you have got a bit of work to do to your new 'baby' but sometimes it's half the fun doing the refurb.

Hope you manage to get some lovely holidays in your van, if and when ever summer arrives.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

daisy-winifred, nice to meet you. You have lots of work on your hands!! Nothing like seeing a good productive result at the end of it though.
      Jessie

Comment

I really admire all who carry out re-build/refurbishment of these lovely little campers. 35 odd years ago I had all that get up and go and fitted out a pontoon . Someone had already fitted a top like a canal barge but left it as one room. So I added a toilet compartment, bunks and a kitchen. It was my husband's project but he was always too busy so I got out my carpenters tools. Now I have run out of steam and only do minor jobs. I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of everyone's hard work. Ann

Comment

Well that tale sounds familliar! Welcome to the site here, you've just joined the best bunch of ppl ever!

Hey Ann - I know that running out of steam feeling. Getting pretty tired of trying/struggling/sometimes suceeding/ now.... I even wished I had a man earlier on so that tells you what stage I'm at.... LOL!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X