X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham
    replied
    Hello Fourplay

Welcome to the forum, I think I'm right in saying we have some other T4 owners Teafour is one and I'm sure there are others. There are lots of friendly folk on here with advice or just friendly chat.

Nice to see other vans coming on here, all units are welcome, it sounds like you are enjoying your retirement you lucky person.

Leave a comment:

• jayjay
    replied
    Hi!

sounds good to get 40mpg! Especially from a VW, I've read loads about how heavy they can be on petrol.

Welcome to the forum!

Leave a comment:

• Caz
    replied
    Hello Fourplay (interesting name!)

Welcome to Small Motorhomes Forum.

Leave a comment:

• Fourplay
    started a topic Hello Folks

Hello Folks

I'm Fourplay.........I play in my VW T4...hence Fourplay.I've owned this van for 6 years and its now 16 years old. Its a Leisuredrive conversion with a hightop. I retired nearly 8 years ago aged 52....Voluntary severance package ..and used some of the money to buy my previous van. After learning on the job I traded it in and bought one that better met my needs. I live in Wharfedale in Yorkshire. I often camp solo as my wife isn't a great fan. The van also makes a great dog kennel when we stay in hotels, etc. Most of my camping is a means to an end.....touring/walking/cycling/painting , etc. I don't really do camping for campings sake..... or I may get bored or lonely.Most of my camping is in the North...I live in one National Park and close to several others, but we've toured Cornwall, Wales, Scotland but never abroad.My van does 40 mpg which is pretty good but I've often considered buying or building something smaller as I could manage with less room and it could be cheaper to run.