This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Er....hello everyone....

.....I'm a long-time lurker and newbie motorhomer (started in March).

I'm a bit of an alien too...no, not because I'm from Wales, but because the 'van' is a Danbury Dynamic. Which means that, even though it's based on a high-top Doblo, it's going to be one of the smaller vehicles around here I guess (and not big enough to pick on R10s ).

Still getting myself organised...still taking too much with me. I've been out several times, including a stay at the C&CC site near Charmouth where I ended up being allocated a jumbo/super pitch....talk about size mismatch!

Hope everyone has a nice long weekend.....wish I was out in the van, but that will have to wait until Thursday (hope the returns).
    Neil

Hi Neil

Welcome to the forum, glad you have stopped lurking it's great to see new people posting. I'm sorry your post didn't appear immediately but we have to verify that first time posters are not spammers, now we know you are genuine your posts will appear immediately and you have full user access to the forum.

Your van sounds interesting, can't really see what it looks like from your avatar, how about sticking some photos on so we can see it in its full glory.

Happy camping.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Neil

Lurker to poster is a big step - thanks for being so brave, look forward to seeing pictures and hearing more

Comment

Hi there!

I've often wondered what the Doblo looks like as a small campervan - photo's please!

Comment

Another er....hello - now the picking of brains

Hi Neil,

I'm a fellow lurker & this is my first post.

Hello to everyone on the Forum for starters; I've enjoyed reading your friendly good humour for a while.

I'm currently toying with idea of R10 (I need something to be my daily car, you see) & have also looked at the Doblos. I'd be very interested to read Neil's comments re. decision of Doblo over R10 (&/or other options) & also anyone else's opinion of R10 along with experiences of trying to survive in such a small space!

Help, please!

Comment

Originally posted by Galloway View Post
            Hi Neil,

I'm a fellow lurker & this is my first post.

Hello to everyone on the Forum for starters; I've enjoyed reading your friendly good humour for a while.

I'm currently toying with idea of R10 (I need something to be my daily car, you see) & have also looked at the Doblos. I'd be very interested to read Neil's comments re. decision of Doblo over R10 (&/or other options) & also anyone else's opinion of R10 along with experiences of trying to survive in such a small space!

Help, please!

Another lurker, they're all coming out of the woodwork.

A big welcome to you Galloway, the R10's are ideal dual purpose vehicles, I can't speak from personal experience but there have been people on here singing their praises. The larger R20's are also used by a lot of people as a sole vehicle.

Glad you have enjoyed reading the forum and I hope you get sorted with a van which suits your needs.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
              I'm sorry your post didn't appear immediately but we have to verify that first time posters are not spammers, now we know you are genuine your posts will appear immediately and you have full user access to the forum.
              No problem...I get enough spam via email every day, see it on other forums....and appreciate the hassle it must give you.

Your van sounds interesting, can't really see what it looks like from your avatar, how about sticking some photos on so we can see it in its full glory.
              I don't have too many photos at present - I keep forgetting. I guess people add them to their photo albums for people to view, rather than stick them in posts?
              Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Galloway View Post
                I'm currently toying with idea of R10 (I need something to be my daily car, you see) & have also looked at the Doblos. I'd be very interested to read Neil's comments re. decision of Doblo over R10 (&/or other options)
                My complete decision making process is too long to document here ...the R10 was the first vehicle I looked at, at the NEC 2009. I was specifically looking for something small, so it was really a choice between that and the Dynamic/Doblo at the time. I still have my car, but the plan is to get rid of it because the Doblo is pretty easy to park anywhere (provided there's no 2m height barrier ).

The main factors...that I can remember...

I found the R10 a bit claustrophobic and more cramped (note - I'm not saying the Dynamic isn't restrictive as well), with the Dynamic also having more storage space. The bed in the Dynamic is wider and doesn't rely on you using the passenger seat - that does make is shorter though.

I'm 5'11" and I cannot stand up fully in the high-top Dynamic, whereas I could in both the R10 and folding-roof Dynamic. However the space in the high-top that I do have runs the length of the living area and gives more storage space, whereas with the folding roof you have a small "standing zone" and the rest I found too restrictive. I also found the folding roof version of the Dynamic to be claustrophobic - you get more light coming though the fixed roof because of the extra glass.

The Dynamic has a compressor fridge and grill, whereas the R10 only has a coolbox and no grill. I could specify a little sun canopy on the side of the Dynamic too, which means you can leave the side door open when its drizzly.....oh, and it's great for drying towels .

Finally, money always plays a part, and the R10 seemed a lot more expensive for what you got, at the time.

Hope this doesn't offend any R10 owners....I think everyone's requirements are slightly different. And the R10 definitely has advantages, which I'll mention in a follow-up post if requested.
                Neil

Comment

Hello Neil and Hello Galloway,
                  It's always interesting to hear about/see other vans. I use my Outlook as my car too. The only downside can be height barriers, but apart from that I manage fine. Just to be on the safe side I have the height stuck on my dash-board.
                  We're off to the Highlands and Western Isles for a couple of weeks at the end of the month, but I may sneak a night away this weekend.
                  Happy trips in yours too,
                  Aileen.

Comment

Hello Neil & Galloway I'm a newbie of less then a week .. picked my van up last night and been sitting in it all day .. doing almost nothing .. can't wait to ise it later this week
                    I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
                    http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome. Dying to see some pics of this mini beast! It does sound interesting.

Comment

Hello Minimouse too!
                        Aileen

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I have to keep the 'van in a secure storage site* when I'm not using it, due to a lack of safe parking at home but I'm planning on spending a day or two around Hay-on-Wye at the end of the week (looking for places to stay during the book festival at the end of the month) so I'll try to take some pictures then.

(* - next to a big RV...there's a photo opportunity in itself .)

Originally posted by Aileen View Post
                          The only downside can be height barriers, but apart from that I manage fine. Just to be on the safe side I have the height stuck on my dash-board.
                          That's my big fear...forgetting how tall the vehicle is when driving into a car park . The closest I've come is in Weston-super-Mare....picked a 'P' sign as I neared the seafront and found myself heading into a multi-storey with '1.8 m' above the entrance . Ended up in one of the open-air car parks nearby....thank goodness for small dimensions and reversing sensors....and of course walked to the sea-front to find the big motorhomes parked up in much nicer spaces
                          Neil

Comment

Very Small campers

Many thanks to all for your warm welcome.

Thank you to Neil for various comparisons re. Doblo/R10 - they, more or less, mirror some of my thoughts which is why I'm still torn between the range of small campers........

Always glad to hear of anyone's views re. these small vehicles whilst I continue my search!

Comment

Hi Neil, Galloway and minimouse and any more long time lurkers!

Lovely site and very friendly. Hope you will all be able to join us on a meet sometime so we can see your little treasure vans!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X