This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and just thought I'd say hello. My husband and I have recently downsized to a Mercedes Vito camper and I'm trying hard to adjust!! We like to travel to various parts of the country and meet new people. We spent last weekend in North Wales and had a good time and our next weekend away is in 2 weeks time. We take our little dog and sometimes our cat as they are both well travelled, but this van is a little small for cat litter etc!! I have a few camp site reviews to post, which I'll do when I have time. Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Welcome

hello and welcome, rctcrafter!

I'm still a newbie myself and haven't even got my wheels yet, but I enjoy this friendly forum and hope you will too.

Looking forward to hearing more about your travels and reading some campsite reviews

Pema Lily

Comment

Originally posted by rctcrafter View Post
      Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and just thought I'd say hello. My husband and I have recently downsized to a Mercedes Vito camper and I'm trying hard to adjust!! We like to travel to various parts of the country and meet new people. We spent last weekend in North Wales and had a good time and our next weekend away is in 2 weeks time. We take our little dog and sometimes our cat as they are both well travelled, but this van is a little small for cat litter etc!! I have a few camp site reviews to post, which I'll do when I have time. Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a good weekend.
      Hello and welcome to the forum.

I suppose it's a bit difficult when you downsize after being used to a bigger van but I am sure you will soon get used to it and see the benefits of having a smaller more manoeuverable and easier to park van.

It would be lovely to have your campsite reviews to put on the Small Motorhome Website you can fill in the form here, when you have time:

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/reviews/campsitereview.html

And don't forget to post a picture of your van, we are all nosey and love to see other vans.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello Rctcrafter,
        Welcome to a very friendly/helpful site,
        Aileen

Comment

thanks

hello, thanks to everyone for welcoming me-I'll keep in touch regularly.

Comment

Hi rctcrafter, and welcome to this friendly forum.

We downsized from a 6 berth folding camper, to an autosleeper, and now to a Romahome R20. You soon get used to the changes and we wouldn't want to change back again - it's so easy to park up anywhere and put the kettle on straight away! Have fun!
            Mary
            :sunshine:

Comment

Hello and welcome,
              When downsizing you pretty soon realise that a lot of stuff you have been lugging around is not essential, you tend to keep stuff on the basis of it might come in handy one day. it is just wasting fuel and space. the simple life is liberating, think tent, and you are so much better off for space and comfort.
              Many people in this forum range far and wide in all weathers in outfits as small as yours or smaller, and we love it and we are not a bunch of cold,smelly scruffs. At the recent meet at wolverley there were cats and dogs and the odd tortoise all over the place, no problems there, so cheer up it going to be great, and summers coming in!
              I look forward to seeing you at a meet.
              Ian
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Speak for yourself. I'm a smelly scruff and quite happy about it . I'm also as slow as a tortoise when cycling and walking, but that analogy is best directed at the van. I Roma everywhere with my homa on my backa

Comment

Originally posted by aggsnrog View Post
                  I Roma everywhere with my homa on my backa

Hee hee , have you been on the amber liquid again Roger?
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

hello from me too
                    Jessie

Comment

And from me! Look forward to hearing all about your camper!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X