As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Flossie (again!)

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Flossie (again!)

Hello everyone,
    Gosh I've been uncharacteristically quiet over the winter, so I just thought I'd say hello again. Hope you are all well and have survived the winter.. i will catch up on the camping threads later! We were looking at the calendar yesterday plotting little trips when I remembered the Spring Meet, so thought I'd better check that we were still on the list

Some of you may remember that We had been debating selling the van to save up for a Fifer. I have been using the van as transport all winter and just don't want to sell her, I love driving her. But we have a new plan The Fifer is a tad out of our price range so we may need to wait until we are rich for one of those... We have been very taken with Globecar Trendscouts though and don't know why they haven't been on the radar before now? there a few second hand models around on a Ford base. Our camping priority is to have a little bathroom, pref winterised water facilities and a van we can go away in more or less all year round. I did a search but can't see any members with Trendscouts, has anyone got any experience of them?

So, we are looking forward to the meet and will either see you in the little pop top or a new (to us) Globecar

I have no personal experience but I do have a review from a magazine that I can forward on to you if you like? Just PM me your email address.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Thanks very much Glen, that would be great. I have sent you a message.

Comment

PM received, will send it to you as soon as I get onto the pc. I'm not sure how long the review is, some stretch to a few pages whilst others are just a page.
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Hello again!

Don't know which magazine review Glen has sent you, but there's one by Practical Motorhome of a 2008 model online,you can see it here: GLOBECAR

They look good, I did think about them too before deciding on the Fifer!

(But you said that used Fifers were like hens' teeth - well, I think that finding a used Globecar Trendscout might be like looking for a hen's tooth in a heap of rocking horse droppings!
          Last edited by sid b; 18-02-2013, 18:40.
          .......... Sid

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
            PM received, will send it to you as soon as I get onto the pc. I'm not sure how long the review is, some stretch to a few pages whilst others are just a page.
            Thanks very much Glen, the scanned pages came through fine. It is really useful to have the van reviewed against others with a rear lounge. Although the reviewers weren't impressed with the kitchen having an oven etc is not on our list of must haves, being cosy and not having frozen water in the winter is :-)

Comment

Hello Sid you are right, I did say getting a second hand Fifer was as rare as finding a hen's tooth...but the way I look at it I've doubled my chances of finding a suitable van now We would definitely not say no to a Fifer!

There are two second hand Trendscouts being advertised at the moment... We need to go and look at them and do our own test, can't make the show this week and the one we could be interested in the dealer has said someone else is already going to view. No matter, we are not in a rush, we have lovely Flo the pop top and the next van will be our 'keep for as long as possible' van so we are happy to keep waiting for a while... It's all part of the fun isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Flossie View Post

Thanks very much Glen, the scanned pages came through fine. It is really useful to have the van reviewed against others with a rear lounge. Although the reviewers weren't impressed with the kitchen having an oven etc is not on our list of must haves, being cosy and not having frozen water in the winter is :-)
                Glad it got to you ok and that it is of some use. I think when it comes to choosing the right motorhome, it's horses for courses, nothing is perfect for everyone and I think the globecar held its own in the review considering the comparisons are all £5-9k more expensive. Good luck with the search to find the right one for you.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X