This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jargon

The use of unexplained jargon has stopped me using this site.
    I just don't understand it. I haven't found the site user friendly. Even now I don't know where this message will end up.

There are a few abbreviations I suppose that are commonplace at large on the internet, but honestly they are quickly learnt.... I am presuming you are new to the internet? Please do ask and welcome, if you cannot work things out just ask and any mistakes you make can soon be sorted by Graham or Pauline.

Couple of common abbreviations

LOL = lots of laughs
    ROTFL = Rolls on the floor laughing

And now my mind has gone a complete blank

Also you successfully said hello, so , can I ask what camping unit you use?
    Last edited by Tentpeg; 20-05-2010, 06:58.

Comment

Originally posted by january View Post
      The use of unexplained jargon has stopped me using this site.
      I just don't understand it. I haven't found the site user friendly. Even now I don't know where this message will end up.

Hi January

I have sent you a personal message and in case you can't access that I have sent you an email.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Firstly, Hello January

I'm really surprised by your post, I think this forum has a very low amount of jargon compared to most others. I occasionally use forum related to gardening, bird watching and my car and they all contain a lot more jargon than here.

Anyway, the best thing about this forum is the friendly people on it! If there is something you don't understand, just ask. We won't laugh, ignore, berate or belittle you - everyone is here to help.

We've all asked daft questions, well I know I have anyway and I'm sure everyone else will think they have too ( I've read some of them, don't let them tell you otherwise!!!!)

If your posts ends up in the wrong place, don't worry, Graham and Pauline will move it and then send round the heavies to collect payment for their time....joking....it will end up in the right place.

If it helps, how about we try a jargon buster thread somewhere?? Off the top of my head, the only jargon that is sometimes used on here other than the abreviations roamingsue mentioned are related to types of equipment or specific motorhomes/caravans/awnings. c15,hylo, hi-top, dimension, kip, movelite etc....

Don't give up on the forum, if you are a camper/caravaner/motorhomer or a wannabe any of the above, you will be more than welcome to join in the chatter and hopefully meet up with us at some point.
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
          Firstly, Hello January

I'm really surprised by your post, I think this forum has a very low amount of jargon compared to most others. I occasionally use forum related to gardening, bird watching and my car and they all contain a lot more jargon than here.

Anyway, the best thing about this forum is the friendly people on it! If there is something you don't understand, just ask. We won't laugh, ignore, berate or belittle you - everyone is here to help.

We've all asked daft questions, well I know I have anyway and I'm sure everyone else will think they have too ( I've read some of them, don't let them tell you otherwise!!!!)

If your posts ends up in the wrong place, don't worry, Graham and Pauline will move it and then send round the heavies to collect payment for their time....joking....it will end up in the right place.

If it helps, how about we try a jargon buster thread somewhere?? Off the top of my head, the only jargon that is sometimes used on here other than the abreviations roamingsue mentioned are related to types of equipment or specific motorhomes/caravans/awnings. c15,hylo, hi-top, dimension, kip, movelite etc....

Don't give up on the forum, if you are a camper/caravaner/motorhomer or a wannabe any of the above, you will be more than welcome to join in the chatter and hopefully meet up with us at some point.
          Post of the week, thanks Glen.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by january View Post
            Even now I don't know where this message will end up.
            Hi January, welcome to the forum. Don't worry, I registered in October and didn't know how to do anything. I am slowly learning and see, I can even do 'quotes' at last.

We are a friendly bunch, and if you can get to any meets, you will have a great time. Ann

Comment

Hi January and welcome

It took me a couple of months before I dared to introduce myself or reply to other peoples posts. Now I love it and log on fairly regularly to see what topics are being discussed. Thanks for asking about the jargon - I've been wondering what LOL meant, and now I know! LOL
              Mary
              :sunshine:

Comment

Yes we are a friendly bunch and always happy to welcome new members to the forum. I have been on here for a few years now and still get it wrong but as Glen w said Graham & Pauline always get it sorted, so dont give up on us yet.

Comment

Annie a list for you to be really up to speed!
                  http://www.missingkids.com/adcouncil...nlinelingo.pdf

TEST later

Comment

Hello january,
                    Dont give up on us, ask questions, you will always get an answer.
                    I am a computer dinosaur, and if I can do it, anyone can.
                    ( dinosaur - large lumbering animal, little brain, big bum, always in the way and treading on peoples toes.)

Come on, be a friend

Ian
                    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamingsue View Post
                      http://www.missingkids.com/adcouncil...nlinelingo.pdf

TEST later
                      Hi Roamingsue

Wow! I'm amazed at how long the list is. I really must learn it all before the test! Then I'll really be able to impress my grandchildren
                      Mary
                      :sunshine:

Comment

Originally posted by Roamingsue View Post
                        TEST later
                        A new language to learn, I don't think I'm up to it now. I had enough trouble with Spanish a few years ago, especially when it got to the grammer and technical bits- past participles and all that! (what's that when it's at home?)
                        Ann

Comment

Originally posted by Twinkletoes View Post
                          A new language to learn, I don't think I'm up to it now. I had enough trouble with Spanish a few years ago, especially when it got to the grammer and technical bits- past participles and all that! (what's that when it's at home?)
                          Ann
                          Its a piece of an ciple thats gone beyond its sell by date
                          whats a ciple? its what Jayjay does in her caravan.
                          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                            That would be a Kiple then!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                              Oh, I like it, Just what I need after today. A 2 vehicle home - both gone to the repairers - no wheels boo hoo.

Plumber here all day fitting new expensive boiler - there goes funds for a few week-ends away. At least I'll be able to have a nice full steaming bath at the end of it instead of a boiler dripping all over the drainer, and lukewarm water.
                              Ann

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X