This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello everybody. Finally able to post, thanks to Graham's patience.

I've got a 1985 romahome, tagged on to the back of a Daihatsu Hijet, which I share with my two dogs. She's in fairly good nick apart from windows that need replacing (would have to be the expensive bit!), and is an on and off restoration/upgrade project for me.

Look forward to chatting with people and swapping notes.

Have a good summer.

Alison

Hello Alison,
    welcome to the forum/club.This is a good place for friends and information, where are you roughly in the Uk, you may have forum members close to you and local meets are always a possibility.
    Hope to see you at one of the meets.
    happy camping.
    Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hello Alison, welcome to the site. You will get lots of help on here as there is a wealth of knowledge about these lovely little vans.

Comment

Well done Alison, I told you we would sort it eventually, glad you made it on here, there's no turning back now, you'll be hooked.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks

Thanks both of you. I'm currently in Lancs in my camper, but like many owners get around a bit. I'll probably get round to asking some technical and history questions later

Comment

Cheers Graham

Just love those teeth

Comment

Hello from me too, you have come to a place where no question is too silly to ask. I have done it often But have always had a friendly and helpful answer.
              Jessie

Comment

Helloooo! Glad you got here! See the other recent 'Windows for Romahome' thread for replacing windows as Autoglass will put them in for you and get the right seals! If the windows themselves are ok, you can just replace the seals, so you may not have to replace the whole window.

In the meantime, if you have any leaks, get some transparent sealer from a car accessories shop and seal with that until you can get it sorted.

Comment

Leaky windows

Hi thanks for this and other greetings. I've had a read on the window replacement thread. I'd already been directed to Colin at EECO, who put me in touch with C O H Baines for the seals (hope I'm not breaching site regs by giving suppliers names). I'm waiting for samples from Baines, but if they are the right ones, there is likely to be a 2 month delay in supplying them as they are tooling a new die.... Clear sealant it will be then!

Comment

Hello,
                    Welcome on board,
                    Aileen.x

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X